I recently made honey roasted chickpeas with sea salt. I love snacks that are salty and sweet and these were the perfect combination. They came out being crunchy, flavorful, and a perfect snack. This is also a snack full with fiber and protein. It’s a perfect snack for watching TV or a movie.
- 15 ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil (or other neutral tasting oil)
- sea salt, add to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Empty chickpeas into a colander. Rinse until no longer foamy and drain. Put chickpeas onto paper towels to pat dry. (Optional: remove skins from chickpeas. Not necessary, but I recommend it).
- Place chickpeas in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, or until chickpeas are crunchy. (If they’re soft, put them back in for 5 minutes until crunchy).
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk honey and oil. Add hot chickpeas and toss to coat. Pour chickpeas back on lined baking sheet and return to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until caramelized. Sprinkle with sea salt, as desired, and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe from Alida’s Kitchen.