1. Go apple picking and pumpkin picking.
2. Go to the NY Film Festival, if I can get tickets. (September 26-October 12)
3. Go to at least 5 speakeasies.
4. Go to 7 restaurants that I’ve been meaning to try.
5. Pick up food and hot apple cider at the Union Square Green Market
6. Watch a sunrise in Central Park.
7. Watch a sunset in Central Park.
8. Go to Highline Stargazing.
9. Go to the NY Wine and Food Festival. (October 16-19)
10. Go for a long walk in Central Park and take pictures of the fall foliage.
11. Book an appointment at Spa Week. (October 20-26)
12. Go Ice Skating at Rockefeller Center before the crowds come. (Opens in Mid October)
13. Got to 5 coffee shops that I’ve been meaning to try!
14. Get a pumpkin donut at Donut Plant.
15. Go to a beer garden or some type of celebration for Oktoberfest.
16. Cheer on runners at the NYC Marathon.
17. Go to Fort Tyron Park.
18. Watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade floats get blown up at the Natural History Museum.
19. Go to a museum on a rainy day.
20. Watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV or in person (Depending on my plans!).
21. Go to the Killer Heels: The Art of the High-Heeled Shoe exhibit.
22. Go to theDavid H. Koch Plaza at the Met.
23. Go to Open House NYC.
24. Go to Cider House NYC.
25. Go to the Halloween Parade and Pumpkin Sail.
26. Go to the Meadow NYC.
27. Go to the Club Monaco Flagship Store.
28. Go to Haven’s Kitchen.
29. Go bike riding in Central Park.
30. Spend a day in Brooklyn.
1. Read 5 books.
2. Go to GW Alumni Weekend.
3. Go to at least 3 networking events.
4. Take a cooking class.
5. Go to a career development class (i.e. General Assembly) or a content strategy specific networking event.
6. Go to Waccabuc for the weekend!
7. Go hiking.
8. Write 5 more career features.
9. Get my blog professionally designed!
10. Go to Phi Sigma Sigma Kappa Chapter’s 90th Anniversary!
I recently discovered acai bowls and I can’t get enough of them. My favorite acai bowl is the Peanut Butter Acai Bowl from Juice Generation but recently I’ve been making my own. I buy Sambazon Smoothie Packs. I knew acai bowls were healthy but I didn’t know just how healthy they are until I read this post by Linda Wagner.
Some of the amazing health benefits of Acai are:
1. Heart Health: Similar to red wine, research shows that acai berries are extremely high in anthocyanins, a form of plant antioxidant associated with the ability to lower cholesterol levels in the blood stream. They are also rich in plant sterols that provide cardio-protective benefits to our cells. It does this by preventing blood clots, improving overall blood circulation, and relaxing the blood vessels.
2. Antiviral, Antibacterial & Anti-Parasitic Agent: Scientists from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro have shown that consuming acai extract can help fight both viral and parasitic infections.
3. Aids in Weight Loss: Known by nutritionists as a super-food, acai may help us not only lose weight, but maintain a healthy weight. One interesting study from the National Institutes of Aging found that pulp from the acai berry had the ability to reduce the negative effects of a high-fat diet in laboratory studies on flies.
4. Promotes Skin Health: Currently, many modern beauty products are carrying acai oil, again due to the oil’s high antioxidant content. What is more, acai oil is a great natural alternative to chemical based skin-care products that harm the skin in the long-run. Taken internally, the berries can also give your skin a healthier glow. In fact, Brazilians have been eating acai berries for centuries to treat skin conditions.
5. Helps with Digestive Upset: Taking acai may also aid in keeping our digestive system clean and in optimal function. The berries have powerful detoxification capacities in the human body and is a well-known traditional source of dietary fiber.
6. Anti-Allergenic Substance: Acai berries contain anti-inflammatory properties that may prevent the typical inflammation response associated with allergic reactions.
7. Improved Cellular Health: On a general level, the anthocyanins found in acai play a role in our cellular protection system, helping to keep cells strong against the invasion of free radicals.
8. May Help Prevent Cancer: Acai is very high in Vitamin C and ellagic acid, an immune-system-boosting combination that has been shown to suppress the growth of cancer. One study published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry found that polyphenolic compounds extracted from acai could reduce cancer cell proliferation by 56-86%. It is thought that acai’s phytochemcials can stop the process of carcinogenesis on a molecular level, killing off tumorous cells before they multiply. Acai is particularly indicated for the prevention of prostate enlargement.
9. Anti-Aging Effects: Extremely high in many forms of plant phytochemicals (antioxidants), acai berries may contribute to an ability to slow or reverse typical processes of ageing related to inflammation and cellular oxidative damage. In fact, the berries are one of the planets highest sources of antioxidants, with one berry holding ten times the amount of antioxidants as grapes, and two times the amount of blueberries.
10. Boost in Energy: Due its overall health benefits, taking acai extract can lead to an increased overall level of energy and stamina, and may aid to combat fatigue and exhaustion.
11. Better Sex: This famous red berry has also been linked to overall increased blood circulation in the human body, a phenomenon that may contribute to a boost in sex drive, especially for men.
12. Improves Mental Function: Preliminary research studies show that acai may prevent mental imbalance in menopausal women.
Here are five recipes I want to try!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Acai Bowl (Sambazon)